YachtSalvage.com Bidding Process
YachtSalvage.com is owned and operated by Certified Sales, Inc. With over 30 years of experience in the salvage business, you can count on Certified Sales’ experience, knowledge and assurance. We are representatives of many major Insurance Companies.
How do I view a Salvage Boat?
We always encourage potential bidders/buyers to view a vessel personally or have their agent inspect it for you prior to bidding. BE SURE to take into consideration ADDITIONAL COSTS to you, such as buyers fees, loading, transportation, etc.
You can either:
1) Go to YachtSalvage.com to view on-line. Click on “Listings” for a complete list of our inventory, which is updated daily. Scroll to the boat in which you are interested in, then click on that link. Included on the page, is a General Description, Actual Condition Description, photos showing the condition and where the boat is located.
2) View the vessel at the yard where it is being stored. You will need a Release Form to view the boat. You can find this form by going to listing you are interested in and clicking the ‘Viewing Instructions’ button on the listing page. Fill in the form, complete with your signature and email or fax it back to us. Be sure to bring the original form with you to view the boat!
How can I buy a Salvage Boat?
These Salvage Boats are sold by an “Open Bid” auction, which means the current high bid is available upon request.
We always encourage potential bidders/buyers to view the vessel personally or have their agent inspect it for you, prior to bidding. BE SURE to take into consideration ADDITIONAL COSTS to you, such as buyers fees, loading, transportation, etc.
To get a Bid Form, find the listing you are interested in and get the specific bid form by using the ‘Place your BID’ button on the page.
- Fill in and Print out the Bid Form (3 pages)
- Read and complete each page of the Bid Form
- A ‘good faith deposit’ is required:
- $100 for bids under $10,000
- $1,000 for bids $10,000 to $100,000
- $10,000 for bids over $100,000
- Email or Fax the Bid Form (Pages 1 and 2) to the Listing Broker at:
Mike@CertifiedSales.com or Fax: 401-737-0200
Brian@CertifiedSales.com or Fax: 508-473-2021
For any questions regarding how to determine a bid amount, please contact the Listing Broker.
Once the Listing Broker begins the auction, he will contact each registered bidder to advise them of the current high bid. At that time, the bidder has the option to raise their bid higher or drop out of the auction.
After the highest bidder is informed that he/she won the auction, payment (plus fees) are required within 24 hours, by Wire Transfer or Certified BankCheck. When we receive the total payment, a Bill of Sale will be sent to winning bidder to be signed and returned to us.
The proper ownership documents will be processed and mailed after we have been informed that the vessel has been picked up or arrangements have been made to store the vessel at the facility longer.